Life can be difficult at times. We all experience anxieties and stress periodically. We all desire a stress-free, easy life filled with happiness. Guess what? Life is never going to be this way. It wasn't supposed to:
"We must go through many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God." -- Acts 14:22
If you didn't have some bad days, how would you be able to appreciate the really great days of your life? If we weren't tested, how well would we ever know our Lord? How would we be able to prove our love for Him?
When we experience tough times in life, don't let it push you away from Christ.
- Romans 8:35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
- James 1:2-4: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
So be careful not to fall into Satan's pit:
- Luke 21:34:"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap.
As a pharmacist, I dispense plenty of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills. I believe that they are good for short-term use and for acute phases of depression and anxiety. But reliance and dependence upon them are unnecessary for most people and they can potentially be addictive. All drugs have side-effects. So don't let earthly things replace God and what He can do for you.
When you are stressed and full of anxiety or depression, you need to strengthen your Faith.
- Matthew 13:22: "The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful."
We have something better than any prescription sleeping pill, his name is Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 11:28: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
We have something more powerful than any Valium tablet:
- 1 Peter 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Feel down and out, depressed, or unable to function?
- Psalm 55:22: Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
- Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
When we have strong faith, we will have great Hope. Hope stands for: Helping Other People Endure
Christ gives us hope. Heaven and eternal life gives us hope. Show this hope to others.
When we have strong faith and hope, we can love others more.
What does Love stand for? Loss Of Valuable Energy
Losing Valuable Energy is necessary because LOVE is what makes the world go around as they say. We need to give this "valuable energy" to others in order to make room to receive valuable energy. Otherwise, we become spiritually constipated and eventually will become unhappy.
Getting through life is all: Faith, Hope and Love:
Faith is what gets you started.
Hope is what keeps you going.
Love is what brings you to the end.
~ Mother Angelica
In the Pharmacy industry, you'll often see the Rx symbol on signs and preprinted on prescription blanks. Rx is an abbreviation for the Latin word "Recipere" which literally means: Take Thou
So in life's trying times,
And Faith stands for, Forsaking All I Trust Him
Peace be with you,
© Michael J. Cox